Experts have offered a few tips on how one can make his or her occupation and workplace more enjoyable.
Tom and Dian Griesel, the co-founders of The Business School of Happiness (www.businessschoolofhappiness.com), studied various ways people can improve satisfaction with their lives including their hours on the job.
The two offered the following considerations:
– Make a list of the steps you can take to become more productive and carry them out.
– Focus on the most important task at hand and attempt to finish it before moving on.
– Avoid all Internet surfing while on company time.
– Avoid chit-chat beyond what’s necessary to be social; save gossip for breaks or lunch.
– Restrict your personal business to your personal time; if you have no exciting personal interests, you need to become more active and “get a life”.
– Tom also says that lack of sleep will definitely hamper one’s mood, so at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep is required every night to recharge one’s system, so one can perform well.
– And Dian says that improving one’s diet is also critical, as a better diet will improve one’s mood for both physiological and psychological reasons.
– And the most important thing says the Griesels is to count your blessings, as in the current economic environment, the fact that one is employed should have a positive impact on one’s mood, even if the person does not believe the current occupation is the ideal one.